If you’re considering upgrading your windows then you probably have looked into a few different kinds and types that are out there. You might know that each one provides its own set of unique abilities and extras and you know that each one has the right appeal when added to a home. One of our jobs as a replacement window contractor is to help our customers here in the Twin Cities find the best window solution for them and their homes.
However, which style window is going to be right for your home? Here is a comparison between two popular styles, the casement window and the awning window. They both open out, but there are differences.
Comparing Casement and Awning Windows
Casement windows have a crank that opens the window from one side. These are a popular choice of window for homeowners for many reasons.
- Casement windows are easy to operate and easy to clean
- They are extremely energy efficient and will keep a home ventilated; providing warm or cool air when needed
- They are also one of the most secure options in windows because they have internal gears, which means that unlike double hung windows, they cannot be opened from the outside
- They’re extremely versatile, allowing you to put them anywhere in the home that you wish
Another option that seems to be quite popular with homeowners is the awning window. The hinges of this window are at the top and this is how it opens, much like an awning would. Here are some of the reasons why someone would choose awning windows.
- Like casements, they’re versatile in the sense that you can put them anywhere that you with throughout the home
- They are also extremely easy to operate and since they open all the way up, you can clean them thoroughly
- Even when it is raining out, you can open the window and not have to worry about the rain coming in since the open window provides a canopy
- Awning windows are perfect for areas where light and ventilation are needed but privacy is a concern – they work well higher up on a wall, and since you lift the window from the bottom, they are easier to operate overhead.
- Awning windows work well in tight spaces where you don’t have much room; that’s why they are so popular in basements.
Either one of these window styles is great for a homeowner looking to modernize the look and feel of their house. And we have both these styles available from a variety of window manufacturers.
Speak with us here at Window Outfitters to find out how we can provide you with the help you need when it comes to replacing the windows in your Minneapolis home. We are THE replacement window company for the area and we can help. Give us a call today!