Now that winter is about here in the Twin Cities, have you looked around your home and noticed how dark it is inside during the day? You could turn your lights on, but wouldn’t it be nice to maximize the daylight coming in? Okay, you’re thinking, maybe I just need bigger windows. You could do that.
But sometimes the best window is actually a door. A French door to be exact.
Why should you consider French doors?
- French doors are very practical as well as being beautiful. Check out these doors with art glass from one of our favorite exterior door suppliers – ProVia.
- They will allow plenty of sunlight into your home and allow you to view the natural surroundings in a way that a window can’t.
- Because of their size, French doors give you more ventilation than a window of the same width.
- They give you another option for coming in and out of your home, while at the same time they keep the bugs on the outside, weather conditions out, and anything else that doesn’t belong inside. Plus they are very attractive.
Three Reasons to Install French Doors
Here are three ways that installing French doors will improve the looks of your home and enhance your life.
- Installing a set of French doors instead of a solid door will soften the effects that your eyes have to transition to when you go from the inside to the outside of your home. Think of walking outside on a very bright day from the air-conditioned, softly lit inside; this can be a bit alarming. French doors will be able to reduce this effect.
- Installing interior French doors in what is known as an open archway will help reduce those utility bills. You will be able to create a comfort zone within your home while at the same time reduce the overall cost of cooling and heating.
- By installing a French door in order to make an entryway onto a porch or deck, you’ll make it easier for moving very large items in and out of your home.
Three Good Reasons to Consider Replacing French Doors That Are Old
Perhaps you already have French doors and you know their benefits. But what kind of shape are those doors in?
- If your French doors are old, consider the fact that doors that have been manufactured today are better manufactured. The French doors we install – like the ones from ProVia shown above – are energy-efficient, meaning they’ll help save on heating and cooling. And they will enhance your enjoyment by giving you many more years of trouble-free service.
- Replacing your old French doors with a more modern door will enable you to add insulated, opaque, or even tinting to the glass that will enhance your need for privacy while at the same time reducing your cooling and heating costs. And you can opt for art glass options will make those doors even more attractive.
- Simply installing a new French door within your home will transform the atmosphere as well as the appearance for much less than if you were to purchase a new home. And, you will be able to choose from a very wide range of styles and colors in order to match your specific taste.
So, what are you waiting for? We would love to speak to you about the many advantages of installing new French doors in your home today. Contact Window Outfitters here in Savage to find out what beautiful French doors we currently offer. We are a licensed Minnesota exterior door installation company.