Hardie Fiber Cement Siding Is Available in A Variety of Styles & Colors
There are so many reasons we recommend James Hardie fiber cement siding for homes here in the Minneapolis area, but one of the things we like best about their products is that available color and style choices mean your design options are almost endless.
Hardie Siding & Trim Colors
When you select James Hardie fiber cement siding and trim for your home, you have a choice between ordering it either primed to be painted on site or prefinished with Hardie’s exclusive ColorPlus® Technology. The paint is baked on and is UV resistant as well as incredibly durable. It’s guaranteed to last far longer than a typical paint job.
When the finish is applied at the factory, it is done in multiple coats that are cured in between. And approximately 50% more finish is used than in a standard paint job. The result is a strong bonded finish that is resistant to chipping, cracking, and peeling. For homes in hail-prone areas like ours, that’s good news. What’s more, the finish is applied to every surface of each piece of siding and trim, even the edges. A house painter can’t offer that kind of coverage.
By investing in ColorPlus® as an option for your siding, you’ll be saving money in the long run because you won’t have to pay for another paint job in just a few years. And because the finish is UV ray resistant, the color won’t fade, either.
Some siding products are available in a very limited selection of shades. Not James Hardie with ColorPlus® Technology. Their color selections range from deep colors like Ocean Blue and Rich Espresso to pale neutrals like Navajo Beige and Woodland Cream. There’s even a refreshing Arctic White and vibrant shades like Countrylane Red. In our area, more than 25 colors are available.
Create a Custom Look with Hardie Siding Styles
Many homeowners we work with love the idea that they can not only mix and match colors of Hardie siding and trim but styles as well.
- For a classic look, choose HardiePlank® lap siding, available as either a woodgrain or flat look, both available with beaded or plain edges.
- HardieShingle® siding has the charming look of split wood shingles that are common on Cape Cod-style homes. Shingle siding is available with staggered, straight, or half round edges (often referred to as scalloped siding)
- Some homeowners like the distinctive look of vertical siding, so they choose HardiePanel®. While it looks great on its own, it really adds punch to the look of a home when used in combination with other Hardie siding styles. HardiePanel® can work as an accent on areas like gables or the lower half of a two-story home.
- Hardie’s Artisan® Collection is the ultimate in luxurious lap siding. The thicker boards create deep shadow lines that architects and designers love.
- Also available: HardieTrim® and HardieSoffit® to complete your look.
"James Hardie provides a 30 year non-prorated Limited Warranty on their HZ5 products. This warranty covers replacement of the Hardie product AND the labor required to replace it. This is the best warranty in the business!” “James Hardie provides a 15 year warranty on products treated with their ColorPlus technology. For more detailed warranty information visit the Hardie website."