When we talk to homeowners here in the Minneapolis area about entry doors, one of their first questions is what kind of door is going to provide security and durability. We usually recommend steel or fiberglass.
Knowing which is best – fiberglass or steel – for your entry door is important because you want to ensure that you’re getting the right door for your home. Whether you want something that is going to be long-lasting or just something beautiful for a nice facelift, we have a variety of doors to choose from, including beautiful and energy-efficient entry doors from ProVia.
Choosing between steel or fiberglass exterior doors doesn’t have to be difficult. You can look into the pros and cons that come along with each of the options so then you can make a decision on which is best for you. And as a licensed Minnesota door company, we can help you choose.
Fiberglass Entry Doors
Fiberglass entry doors are fast becoming one of the most popular types for homeowners both here in the Twin Cities and across the nation. A fiberglass exterior door like those offered by ProVia has a lot of pluses that come along with it.
- Maintenance – Little to no maintenance is needed on fiberglass entry doors, making them ideal.
- Beauty – The look of these doors is great. You can order whatever color you want or paint them if you want a change. Wood look is available, if you love the appeal of real wood but not the upkeep.
- Cost – They are relatively low cost and affordable (compared to other options like wood), even for those that do not have a large budget to use.
- Security – They are just as secure as other types of doors, and can be even more secure than some doors, especially wood doors.
- Durability – These doors do not split, crack, expand, or change in any way, making them an ideal choice to go with when you want a door that fits the home and doesn’t change with fluctuating outside temperatures.
- Energy Efficiency – The fiberglass entry doors we install are extremely energy efficient; they are high performance and come with added weather stripping.
Steel Entry Doors
The other option we offer our customers who are looking for secure and durable entry doors is steel. There are some great things to consider for steel entry doors.
- Energy Efficiency – ProVia steel doors are known for being one of the most energy-efficient options to go with.
- Cost – The cost is affordable when it comes to being compared to other types of doors.
- Security – Steel is one of the most secure material options to go with when you want a door that’s going to protect those inside your home as well as its contents.
- Beauty – Steel doors can be painted to match just about any house siding that you have, making them beautiful and able to be matched. Also, the Legacy line from ProVia has steel doors that are embossed and finished to look like real wood.
- Durability – The ProVia steel entry doors we install are manufactured from 20-gauge steel doesn’t warp, crack, expand or change which is important for a durable door that lasts. Many other door manufacturers offer doors with 16- or 18-gauge (some as low as 12), which makes ProVia steel doors sturdier than comparable models from other companies.
Have questions about the best entry doors for your home? Please contact us here regarding any and all questions you might have about fiberglass or steel entry doors. We can help you make sure that you’re choosing the right door for your home and one that provides the quality comfort and protection needed. And we can provide the very best in entry door installation in the Twin Cities area.